Pampanga, Philippines (October 2, 2016) – Members Church of God International (MCGI) celebrates Thanksgiving of God’s People, also known as “Pasalamat ng Buong Bayan ng Dios (PBB)” for 3rd quarter of 2016, from September 30 to October 2.
MCGI brethren gathered for a 3-day spiritual feast at the ADD Convention Center in Apalit, Pampanga and more than 1,360 satellite monitoring centers in the Philippines and abroad. The event starts daily at exactly 5 pm Philippine time (PHT). It begins with congregational singing of hymns led by the MCGI Music Ministry along with the dance presentation from Teatro Kristiano.
The celebration was filled with songs of praises offered to the Almighty God. These include the children in the church, known as “Kawan ng Cordero,” brethren from Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao regions, brethren from Brazil and Latin America, Foreign Ministry, Youth Ministry, Prison Ministry, Workers Ministry and Bro. Eli’s “Sangbahayan,” or household in South America. On the 3rd day, brethren all over the world simultaneously sang “Pangarap ng Puso,” the song of the whole congregation.
Interesting Biblical topics were talked about, one topic each day. These include deep understanding of God’s will, a glimpse of future events based on the scriptures and knowing more about the Almighty God including His characteristics and eternal power.
The first part of each topic, also known as “paksa” in Filipino, is delivered by the Assistant to the Overall Servant, Bro. Daniel Razon and the rest by Bro. Eli Soriano, Overall Servant to MCGI. It is being translated in major languages to assist non-Filipino members. Some attendees were also given a chance to give their comments and to share a brief summary of what they have learned and understood, about the Biblical topics.
During breaks, Bro. Eli opened the consultation period where brethren and non-brethren can ask their questions of faith and raise clarifications on the topics.
Members Church of God International is thankful for more than 3,000 souls added to the fold for the last two months. Bro. Eli also reported the growing number of locales and areas under indoctrination in South America. Recently, he conducted a series of live Bible Expositions in Brazil, in Portuguese, in those areas where the church has local free television broadcast through local Brazilian channels and where TV Verdade, MCGI’s own 24/7 broadcasting network in Brazil, has relay stations. [techthetruth]
- UNTV News and Rescue announces digital terrestrial TV expansion plans
- Globe’s free GoWiFi service now in 500 locations
- LRT-MRT common station to be built between SM North, Trinoma
- UNTV starts reporting news in local dialects, foreign languages
- Re-branding: UNTV Life is now UNTV News and Rescue
- ABS-CBN sells more than 1.3 million digital TV boxes as of June 2016
- Wish 107.5 now on its 2nd year, still No. 1 FM YouTube channel in the Philippines
- Progressive Broadcasting Corporation (UNTV) franchise renewed for another 25 years
- A milestone in religious broadcasting: Ang Dating Daan aired through Facebook Live
- Now brewing: Daniel’s Coffee brings a coffee shop in a TV studio