Quezon City, Philippines (November 6, 2016) – A Song of Praise (ASOP) Music Festival will be showcasing Original Pilipino Music (OPM), gospel music in particular, on its grand finals night on November 7 at the Smart Araneta Coliseum.
Since ASOP humbly started five years ago, it has been fulfilling and successful in making a positive impact in the music industry, broadcast media and the society as a whole.
The songwriting tilt has been rekindling the love for homegrown music for six years now by encouraging amateur and professional songwriters to create new compositions.
ASOP is also the first and only praise songwriting competition on Philippine television.
Working Together for the Glory of God
With ASOP, Kuya Daniel Razon’s advocacy to support and enliven Original Pilipino Music (OPM) particularly through gospel and praise music genre is realized. Razon is CEO and Chairman of BMPI, which is the content provider for UNTV News and Rescue.
ASOP serves as a channel through which songwriters, singers and judges collaborate to create fresh songs to praise and glorify the Almighty God.
As well as gathering the best interpreters to bring life and justice to the song, ASOP ensures that it taps acclaimed musical personalities as judges and mentors. The end goal of the collaboration is to improve the original composition of the finalists.
Touching Lives through Praise Music
ASOP, on its own little way, comes with the hope of bringing back gospel music in the daily lives of the people. Nowadays, gospel or praise songs are rarely played or sung in mainstream radio or television, albeit a whole program dedicated to these genre.
However, since the launch of ASOP Music Festival on UNTV, the musical landscape has changed. ASOP aims to awaken the feelings of listeners by introducing songs with beautiful melodies and sincere lyrics, and eventually inspire them also to offer songs of praises to God.
Another reason for the show is to help or at least ease the burden of those people who are in the midst of trials and challenges by listening to ASOP original compositions. Knowing that music affects emotions, it sends a comforting message not to lose hope, but instead put their trust and faith to the Lord.
The Men Behind ASOP TV
Produced by Breakthrough and Milestones Productions International (BMPI), ASOP Music Festival was launched on television and radio in 2011.
This followed after Kuya Daniel noticed that seldom do we hear gospel and praise music being played, with the airwaves dominated by pop music.
With his love for music, he was able to compose songs of praises such as “Dala Kong Nakalimbag” and “Pangarap ng Puso.”
Bro. Eli is the main host of the program “Ang Dating Daan,” the longest-running religious program in the Philippines.
ASOP Music Festival on television airs every Sunday, 7 pm on UNTV News and Rescue, and hosted by Richard Reynoso and Toni Rose Gayda.
The program is simulcast over UNTV Radio La Verdad 1350 KHz on the AM band.
In 2015, ASOP sealed a partnership with Wish FM 107.5 to air gospel songs from the ASOP collection every Sunday from 5 am to 6 am.
ASOP Year 5 grand finalists also enjoy substantial airplay on Wish FM. Official music videos in high-definition (HD) are also available on ASOP TV’s official YouTube channel, https://www.youtube.com/user/asoptv.
All songs produced by ASOP Music Festival are not for sale. All tracks in digital MP3 format since its first season can be downloaded on the ASOP website and can be shared for free. ASOP’s limited edition commemorative albums in CD format are also free. [techthetruth]
- UNTV News and Rescue announces digital terrestrial TV expansion plans
- Ang Dating Daan (The Old Path) marks 36th year in religious broadcasting
- Watch: 12 grand finalists of ‘A Song of Praise (ASOP) Year 5’
- ABS-CBN TVPlus may soon offer digital TV box with WiFi
- MCGI celebrates ‘Thanksgiving of God’s People’ for Q3 2016
- MCGI’s TV Verdade expands reach to more than 10 cities in Brazil
- Globe’s free GoWiFi service now in 500 locations
- LRT-MRT common station to be built between SM North, Trinoma
- UNTV starts reporting news in local dialects, foreign languages
- Re-branding: UNTV Life is now UNTV News and Rescue
- Wish 107.5 now on its 2nd year, still No. 1 FM YouTube channel in the Philippines
- Progressive Broadcasting Corporation (UNTV) franchise renewed for another 25 years
- A milestone in religious broadcasting: Ang Dating Daan aired through Facebook Live
- Now brewing: Daniel’s Coffee brings a coffee shop in a TV studio