Manila, Philippines (November 17, 2016) – Globe Telecom announces a trade-up promo where existing owners of Globe Tattoo 4G Mobile WiFi can have their old units replaced with the new LTE Mobile WiFi device for only Php 600, instead of Php 1,495.
LTE Mobile WiFi can receive signal from Globe’s LTE network which enables faster browsing and download speed than the current HSPA network supported by 4G Mobile WiFi device.
Subscribers can retain their existing mobile number, but requires upgrading of SIM card to an LTE SIM which is free. In addition, they will get a free 1GB data for mobile surfing, valid for 3 days. Free data will be given within 48 hours upon upgrading.
Meanwhile, those users who want a new mobile number will be given a new LTE SIM card for free. They will get a 5GB mobile data valid for 7 days by texting the code FREE5GB to 8080.
The promo started on November 11 until December 31, 2016 in the following Globe Stores in Metro Manila:
- Market Market
- Alabang Town Center
- Festival Mall
- SM Megamall
- SM North EDSA
- SM Mall of Asia
- SM Aura
- SM Southmall
The user must surrender their old Globe 4G Pocket WiFi device at the nearest participating Globe Store and pay Php 600. It will be replaced with Globe 4G LTE pocket WiFi device.
The offer is strictly one 4G pocket WiFi for one 4G LTE pocket WiFi. They will also accept broken, defective or units with missing parts.
However, Globe Stores will not accept the following:
- Old Globe Tattoo Flash (USB dongle stick)
- Old Globe LTE Mobile pocket WiFi
- 4G pocket WiFi issued by other networks (Smart and Sun Cellular)
- Non-Globe-branded 4G pocket WiFi (brought openline directly from manufacturers)
LTE Pocket WiFi
Globe’s LTE pocket WiFi supports 4G LTE signal for improved connectivity and can serve as portable hotspot for up to 10 mobile devices. and sports a 1,780mAh battery.
4G HSPA versus 4G LTE
4G refers to the current “4th Generation” network for mobile broadband. It offers higher speeds and better connectivity compared to 3G. 4G has variants such as 4G HSPA+ and 4G LTE.
HSPA+ refers to High Speed Download/Upload Packet Access. It allows faster mobile browsing speeds than that of 3G, up to 21 Mbps.
LTE refers to Long Term Evolution technology. It is a version of 4G that offers higher speeds. It is faster than 3G and 4G HSPA+ with speeds of up to 42 Mbps. It requires an LTE device paired with LTE SIM card to avail of the improved connection such as faster streaming of videos, quicker downloads of large files, speedy uploads and lesser lags in video chats.
However, in areas where there is no LTE signal coverage, users can still access the internet over 4G HSPA or 3G network. According to its website, Globe has more than 4,500 HSPA sites nationwide. [techthetruth]
- UNTV News and Rescue announces digital terrestrial TV expansion plans
- ASOP Music Festival 2016 Announces Winners, Wows Judges
- ASOP TV: Bringing the Best of Praise Music for 5 Years Now
- Ang Dating Daan (The Old Path) marks 36th year in religious broadcasting
- Watch: 12 grand finalists of ‘A Song of Praise (ASOP) Year 5’
- ABS-CBN TVPlus may soon offer digital TV box with WiFi
- MCGI celebrates ‘Thanksgiving of God’s People’ for Q3 2016
- MCGI’s TV Verdade expands reach to more than 10 cities in Brazil
- Globe’s free GoWiFi service now in 500 locations
- LRT-MRT common station to be built between SM North, Trinoma
- UNTV starts reporting news in local dialects, foreign languages
- Re-branding: UNTV Life is now UNTV News and Rescue
- Wish 107.5 now on its 2nd year, still No. 1 FM YouTube channel in the Philippines
- Progressive Broadcasting Corporation (UNTV) franchise renewed for another 25 years
- A milestone in religious broadcasting: Ang Dating Daan aired through Facebook Live
- Now brewing: Daniel’s Coffee brings a coffee shop in a TV studio