Quezon City, Philippines (11/25/2016) – Bro. Daniel Razon announces the upcoming project entitled “Baraks ni Good Brother,” a rehabilitation program for drug surrenderers.
Razon also known as “Kuya Daniel” said “baraks” is a partnership among UNTV News and Rescue, Members Church of God International (MCGI) and Police Community Relations Group (PCRG) of the Philippine National Police (PNP), during his morning newscast “Hataw Balita” on November 24.
The idea was inspired by a popular reality show where contestants called “housemates” live together in a specially-constructed house that is isolated from the outside world.
This time, drug surrenderers will undergo a modern and comprehensive rehabilitation program inside the “baraks” (barracks), a structure which can house a large number of people and is common in the military. The project aims to reintegrate drug surrenderers. They will be given a chance to make good of their lives.
It is equipped with closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras. A new website will also be launched where activities inside the facility can be monitored 24/7. Parts of it will be aired in UNTV News and Rescue.
Participants will be monitored by medical doctors, will be treated psychologically and will be given specialized trainings by Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA).
Kuya Daniel said “Yan ay isang joint project din natin with the PCRG, the Philippine National Police, para ho ito doon sa rehabilitasyon. Pwede ka naman na from being a [drug] addict eh mapunta ka sa maayos, matalikuran mo yan.” “Minsan, isang significant diyan is yung will mo talaga na magbago at higit sa lahat yung pagsisisi mo sa mga ginawa mo, yung pag-eenhance ng spirituality ng isang tao can actually take him out of the dark,” he added.
(Translation: “That’s a joint project with the PNP-PCRG for the rehabilitation. It is possible to turn back, from being a drug addict and change for the better. Sometimes, it’s on your will to change and most of all, the repentance on what you have done, enhancement of a person’s spirituality can actually take him out of the dark.”)
They will also be given spiritual and Biblical guidance by MCGI Overall Servant (Presiding Minister) Bro. Eli Soriano, host of the Ang Dating Daan program. It was mentioned by Kuya Daniel during ADD Worldwide Bible Exposition held on November 4, 2016.
Advocacy Movie “Isang Araw: Ikatlong Yugto”
To financially support this new project, UNTV-BMPI will be showing the third sequel of independent movie entitled “Isang Araw: Ikatlong Yugto.”
The advocacy film is directed by Kuya Daniel Razon and will feature premier actors and actresses in the industry such as Rey “PJ” Abellana, Bayani Agbayani, Jackie Lou Blanco, Jeffrey Santos, Gina Pareño and Superstar Nora Aunor.
Gen. Bato dela Rosa will also have a cameo role in the upcoming movie which is expected to be released by December 2016.
MCGI Supporting Duterte’s War on Drugs, Offers Assistance
With more than 700,000 drug addicts already surrendered to the administration of President Duterte, Bro. Eli expressed support to the war against illegal drugs.
In his official blog ControversyExtraordinary, Bro. Eli said “For this, we, the Members Church of God International (MCGI) are one with our President and the entire police establishment in the country for this great task of rebuilding our beloved nation.”
Bro Eli also shared that aside from moral support through prayers, MCGI is willing to extend help to the government, including counseling assistance for free.
“We are willing to help with our prayers, with our pockets (though we have little), with our programs in television and in radio, to disseminate information and counseling in areas where they are needed,” said Bro. Eli.
There is Hope for Drug Addicts
In his two-part blog, Bro. Eli also shared that “There is hope for drug addicts. Now that there are about a hundred of thousands of self-confessed addicts and pushers that surrendered to President Rody Duterte’s administration, I want to share biblical wisdom that may give hope and total renovation in the being of a drug addict.”
“It is through faith that God works his works, transforming one. This transformation through faith is achieved by the mercy of God,” Bro. Eli added. [techthetruth]
Watch Kuya Daniel Razon in UNTV’s Hataw Balita (November 24, 2016) episode below (timestamp-47m:45s to 49m:46s)
- MCGI Collaborates With PNP: Drug Surrenderers Undergo Reformation Program in Caba, La Union
- ASOP TV: Bringing the Best of Praise Music for 5 Years Now
- Ang Dating Daan (The Old Path) marks 36th year in religious broadcasting
- Watch: 12 grand finalists of ‘A Song of Praise (ASOP) Year 5’
- MCGI celebrates ‘Thanksgiving of God’s People’ for Q3 2016
- MCGI’s TV Verdade expands reach to more than 10 cities in Brazil
- A milestone in religious broadcasting: Ang Dating Daan aired through Facebook Live
In case you missed:
- UNTV News and Rescue announces digital terrestrial TV expansion plans
- Globe Launches Pocket WiFi Trade-in Promo, Get New LTE Device for Only Php 600
- ABS-CBN TVPlus may soon offer digital TV box with WiFi
- LRT-MRT common station to be built between SM North, Trinoma
- Globe’s free GoWiFi service now in 500 locations
- UNTV starts reporting news in local dialects, foreign languages
- Re-branding: UNTV Life is now UNTV News and Rescue
- Wish 107.5 now on its 2nd year, still No. 1 FM YouTube channel in the Philippines
- Progressive Broadcasting Corporation (UNTV) franchise renewed for another 25 years
- Now brewing: Daniel’s Coffee brings a coffee shop in a TV studio