Manila, Philippines (December 1, 2016) – Catch the free TV telecast of A Song of Praise (ASOP) Music Festival Grand Finals Night on Sunday, December 4 (8:30 pm) at UNTV News and Rescue.
“Kumapit Ka Lang,” an original composition by Noemi Ocio, won the “Song of the Year” title. Noemi, a 19-year-old student, took home the grand prize of Php 500,000 in ASOP Year 5 Grand Finals held last November 7 at the Smart Araneta Coliseum. Her winning piece was performed by Carmela “Mela” Ravanilla.
ASOP is the first and only praise songwriting competition on Philippine television. It has been rekindling the love for homegrown music and encouraging amateur and professional songwriters to create new praise and gospel music compositions, all for the glory of God.
Watch the ASOP Year 5 plug:
Complete List of Winners
- Song of the Year and Champion: “Kumapit Ka Lang” composed by Noemi Ocio, performed by Mela Ravanilla
- 1st runner up: “God Will Always Make a Way” composed by Glenn Bawa and Ronald Calpis, performed by Bugoy Drilon
- 2nd runner up: “Araw at Ulan” composed by Joselito Caleon, performed by Bossa Nova Queen Sitti
- 3rd runners up: “Mula Sa Aking Puso” composed by Joseph Ponce, performed by Carlo David and “You Stood by Me” composed by Vincent Labanting, performed by Jason Fernandez
- People’s Choice Award: “Ikaw Lamang” composed by Jonathan Sta. Rita, performed by Tim Pavino (most number of combined online votes and YouTube views)
- Best Interpreters: Jason Fernandez for “You Stood by Me” and Bugoy Drilon for “God Will Always Make a Way”
The composers who won 1st runner up, 2nd runner up and 3rd runner-up took home Php 250,000, Php 150,000 and Php 100,000 respectively. Winners of special awards got Php 50,000 each. Non-winning finalists received Php 20,000 as consolation prize.
- “Tapat Mong Pangako” – composed by Gulliver Enverga, interpreted by The Voysing
- “Ikaw Pala” – composed by Wilfredo Gaspar, interpreted by Ima Castro
- “Tanging Ligaya” – composed by Angelica Soriano, interpreted by Zendee
- “Ang Iyong Pangalan” – composed by Romarico Mendiola Jr., interpreted by Jovit Baldovino
- “Patawarin Mo Ako” – composed by Fernando Gardon, interpreted by Kris Lawrence
- “Pag-Ibig Ka Oh Dios” – composed by LJ Mansano, interpreted by the JBK
The panel of judges is composed by pop balladeer Jed Madela, premiere singer and composer Trina Belamide, ABS-CBN’s Star Music record label executive and multi-platinum producer Jonathan Manalo, Manila Standard’s entertainment editor Isah Red, hitmaker and ASOP’s resident judge Mon Del Rosario and multi-awarded actress and the country’s one and only Superstar, Ms. Nora Aunor.
The event was hosted by Richard Reynoso and Toni Rose Gayda. Among the program highlights were the medley of 12 song finalists from ASOP Year 4, performed by Jason Dy, Michael Pangilinan, Liezel Garcia and Leah Patricio and a powerful medley of ASOP’s “Songs of the Year” performed by all-female group and The X-Factor UK finalist 4th Impact.
Behind this annual praise music competition are international televangelist Bro. Eli Soriano, Overall Servant (Presiding Minister) to Members Church of God International (MCGI) and main host of “Ang Dating Daan” program, and Kuya Daniel Razon, UNTV-Breakthrough and Milestones Productions International (BMPI) Chairman and CEO.
Again, catch the Philippine television premiere of the grand finals this Sunday (December 4) at 8:30 pm on ASOP’s official media partner, UNTV News and Rescue.
UNTV News and Rescue airs on UHF analog channel 37, SkyCable channel 33 (analog) and channel 58 (digital), Destiny Cable channel 9, CableLink channel 77, Cignal channel 92 (nationwide), SkyDirect channel 40 (nationwide) and other local cable operators.
For those viewers with digital television (DTV) receiver box or “blackbox” and DTV-ready TV sets and mobile phones, you may receive UNTV over UHF digital channel 38 (Frequency: 617143) in Mega Manila. You can also watch by downloading the UNTV Mobile App on Google Play Store and Apple Store and through live streaming via www.untvweb.com.
Download UNTV Mobile App on Android and iOS:
- MCGI Collaborates With PNP: Drug Surrenderers Undergo Reformation Program in Caba, La Union
- ASOP TV: Bringing the Best of Praise Music for 5 Years Now
- Ang Dating Daan (The Old Path) marks 36th year in religious broadcasting
- Watch: 12 grand finalists of ‘A Song of Praise (ASOP) Year 5’
- MCGI celebrates ‘Thanksgiving of God’s People’ for Q3 2016
- MCGI’s TV Verdade expands reach to more than 10 cities in Brazil
- A milestone in religious broadcasting: Ang Dating Daan aired through Facebook Live
In case you missed:
- UNTV News and Rescue announces digital terrestrial TV expansion plans
- Globe Launches Pocket WiFi Trade-in Promo, Get New LTE Device for Only Php 600
- ABS-CBN TVPlus may soon offer digital TV box with WiFi
- LRT-MRT common station to be built between SM North, Trinoma
- Globe’s free GoWiFi service now in 500 locations
- UNTV starts reporting news in local dialects, foreign languages
- Re-branding: UNTV Life is now UNTV News and Rescue
- Wish 107.5 now on its 2nd year, still No. 1 FM YouTube channel in the Philippines
- Progressive Broadcasting Corporation (UNTV) franchise renewed for another 25 years
- Now brewing: Daniel’s Coffee brings a coffee shop in a TV studio