Manila, Philippines (December 12, 2016) – Leading direct-to-home (DTH) satellite TV provider Cignal TV announces major changes on its channel numbering scheme that will take effect on December 19, 2016.
According to Cignal’s latest advisory, channels will now be grouped into blocks, depending on channel category, such as news, sports, movies and lifestyle, for improved channel selection and browsing.
Availability of channels will still depend on the existing plan of the subcriber.
Meanwhile, public service channel UNTV News and Rescue will have its new channel assignment. From the current channel 92, it will be transferred to channel 182 along with other religious channels.
Below are the new channel assignments:
Aside from news and public service programs, UNTV airs Ang Dating Daan (The Old Path), the longest-running religious program in the Philippines which started in 1980.
Cignal TV is a satellite TV provider with over one million subscribers as of 2015. It is owned by MediaQuest Holdings which is under PLDT Beneficial Trust Fund. [techthetruth]
Source: Cignal TV
- Ang Dating Daan Marks 36 Years of Fruitful Evangelization by Giving 8,000 Bibles for Free, Doing Public Service
- Ang Dating Daan, the Longest-Airing Religious Program in the Philippines with A Heart for the Poor, Celebrates 36th Anniversary
- MCGI Collaborates With PNP: Drug Surrenderers Undergo Reformation Program in Caba, La Union
- ASOP TV: Bringing the Best of Praise Music for 5 Years Now
- Ang Dating Daan (The Old Path) marks 36th year in religious broadcasting
- Watch: 12 grand finalists of ‘A Song of Praise (ASOP) Year 5’
- MCGI celebrates ‘Thanksgiving of God’s People’ for Q3 2016
- MCGI’s TV Verdade expands reach to 10 cities in Brazil
- A milestone in religious broadcasting: Ang Dating Daan aired through Facebook Live
In case you missed:
- UNTV News and Rescue announces digital terrestrial TV expansion plans
- Globe Launches Pocket WiFi Trade-in Promo, Get New LTE Device for Only Php 600
- ABS-CBN TVPlus may soon offer digital TV box with WiFi
- LRT-MRT common station to be built between SM North, Trinoma
- Globe’s free GoWiFi service now in 500 locations
- UNTV starts reporting news in local dialects, foreign languages
- Re-branding: UNTV Life is now UNTV News and Rescue
- Wish 107.5 now on its 2nd year, still No. 1 FM YouTube channel in the Philippines
- Progressive Broadcasting Corporation (UNTV) franchise renewed for another 25 years
- Now brewing: Daniel’s Coffee brings a coffee shop in a TV studio