Manila, Philippines (December 13, 2016) – AM radio station DWUN, also known as UNTV Radio La Verdad 1350 kHz, is now on test broadcast using its brand new 50,000-watt (50-kilowatt) transmitter. This will replace the radio station’s obsolete 10,000-watt analog tube-type transmitter.
Bro. Daniel Razon, also known as Kuya, said that UNTV Radio La Verdad’s new solid-state transmitter was already fired-up last December 6 at exactly 4:00 am. Test broadcast is expected to last for a month and will operate on full power by the end of December 2016 or early January 2017. This will make UNTV Radio at par with high-powered AM stations in Mega Manila in terms of power output at 50,000 watts.
He also said that technical adjustments and fine-tuning are ongoing to further enhance signal reception and boost coverage. It was announced by Kuya Daniel during Hataw Balita segment in UNTV’s Good Morning Kuya.
Watch the announcement by Kuya Daniel Razon during Hataw Balita (Good Morning Kuya) last December 6, 2016:
The announcement was also made during the Special Prayer Meeting (SPM) service of Members Church of God International (MCGI), held sunset of December 6, in Apalit, Pampanga. It was aired live in more than 1,360 MCGI satellite monitoring centers in the Philippines and abroad.
Kuya Daniel Razon is the Chairman and CEO of Breakthrough and Milestones Productions International (BMPI), UNTV’s content provider. He’s also the Assistant Overall Servant (Vice Presiding Minister) to MCGI.
In August 2016, Kuya Daniel announced future plans for UNTV Radio La Verdad. The station is planning to put up relay stations in more than 20 provinces, depending on available frequencies.
Formerly DZXQ 1350 kHz
When UNTV-BMPI took over the radio operations of DZXQ 1350 kHz from Mabuhay Broadcasting Systems, Inc. (MBSI) in 2011, it suffered weak signal reception in Metro Manila and nearby provinces due to DZXQ’s obsolete broadcast equipment.
UNTV-BMPI gradually upgraded its facilities in Barrio Muzon, Malabon City. A new transmitter house and concrete catwalk were constructed. These replaced the old structure and improvised catwalk made of bamboo, both in hapless condition.
The station also installed a new transmitter tower and antenna to complement its new transmitter. The radio station is now using new equipment for radio broadcast such as a modern radio booth, radio control room and monitoring area.
UNTV Radio La Verdad 1350 kHz airs news, current affairs and public service programs. It is the home of Ang Dating Daan, now on its 36th year in religious broadcasting, and the longest-running religious program in the Philippines. It started on the radio 1980 and television in 1983. The program is produced by MCGI and hosted by international televangelist and MCGI Overall Servant (Presiding Minister), Bro. Eli Soriano. [techthetruth]
- Ang Dating Daan Marks 36 Years of Fruitful Evangelization by Giving 8,000 Bibles for Free, Doing Public Service
- Ang Dating Daan, the Longest-Airing Religious Program in the Philippines with A Heart for the Poor, Celebrates 36th Anniversary
- MCGI Collaborates With PNP: Drug Surrenderers Undergo Reformation Program in Caba, La Union
- ASOP TV: Bringing the Best of Praise Music for 5 Years Now
- Ang Dating Daan (The Old Path) marks 36th year in religious broadcasting
- Watch: 12 grand finalists of ‘A Song of Praise (ASOP) Year 5’
- MCGI celebrates ‘Thanksgiving of God’s People’ for Q3 2016
- MCGI’s TV Verdade expands reach to 10 cities in Brazil
- A milestone in religious broadcasting: Ang Dating Daan aired through Facebook Live
In case you missed:
- UNTV News and Rescue announces digital terrestrial TV expansion plans
- Globe Launches Pocket WiFi Trade-in Promo, Get New LTE Device for Only Php 600
- ABS-CBN TVPlus may soon offer digital TV box with WiFi
- LRT-MRT common station to be built between SM North, Trinoma
- Globe’s free GoWiFi service now in 500 locations
- UNTV starts reporting news in local dialects, foreign languages
- Re-branding: UNTV Life is now UNTV News and Rescue
- Wish 107.5 now on its 2nd year, still No. 1 FM YouTube channel in the Philippines
- Progressive Broadcasting Corporation (UNTV) franchise renewed for another 25 years
- Now brewing: Daniel’s Coffee brings a coffee shop in a TV studio