Manila, Philippines (December 31, 2016) – UNTV News and Rescue will look back on the biggest and most memorable news stories and events that rocked the nation in 2016 via a special coverage dubbed as Repaso 2016, happening tonight at 8 pm (December 31, 2016).
Hosted by veteran broadcast journalist Kuya Daniel Razon along with our Kasangbahays from UNTV, the network’s year-end repaso or review will run down the top stories, personalities and public services that shaped history during the year.
These included the 2016 Presidential Elections, President Duterte’s first State of the Nation Address (SONA), issues and controversies faced by the Duterte Aministration, Senate, House of Representatives, Supreme Court, Office of the Ombudsman, Bureau of Customs, Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), Philippine National Police (PNP) and the ongoing war on drugs.
Watch the official Repaso 2016 Plug (for 2016 Presidential Elections). For other plugs, visit the Repaso 2016 YouTube playlist HERE.
Moreover, it will also cover Sen. Bongbong Marcos’ electoral protest versus Vice President Leni Robredo and the latter’s resignation from Duterte’s Cabinet, peace talks between the government and Communist Party of the Philippines-New People’s Army (CPP-NPA), United States Presidential Elections and West Philippine Sea dispute.
It will also tackle matters about Philippine economy, national security, foreign policy, health, environment, employment and contractualization and the worsening traffic and transportation issues that made the headlines this year.
Aside from round-up of 2016 provincial news, the report will also recall prominent personalities who died this year and their remarkable contributions to society and triumph of our athletes in sports competitions.
Tulong Muna Bago Balita
UNTV News and Rescue teams in different parts of the country are on stand-by to assist our countrymen who might be victims of firecracker incidents. The roving news correspondents and crew were professionally trained to respond to emergency situations. The UNTV Command Center can be reached through its hotline 911-UNTV (911-8688).
This public service advocacy, called as Tulong Muna Bago Balita (Assist First Before Reporting), began in 2010 and is considered a milestone in Philippine broadcasting history.
UNTV also showed a few highlights of scenes captured by its aerial drones. These include the Metro Manila Shake Drills, removal of fish pens in Laguna Lake and the alleged mining in Zambales’ mountains.
Its pilot use of drones were in November 2013, showing the extent of Typhoon Haiyan’s aftermath in Tacloban City, Leyte. Since then, it has been used by the station on daily news reporting, live coverage of important events and traffic situation reports.
Watch the highlights of UNTV Drone Journalism 2016:
Don’t miss Repaso 2016, a UNTV News and Rescue Special Coverage on Saturday night (December 31) at 8 pm. [techthetruth]
UNTV Radio La Verdad’s new 50-kilowatt transmitter is now on test broadcast. Click HERE to know more.
- MCGI Collaborates With PNP: Drug Surrenderers Undergo Reformation Program in Caba, La Union
- Wish FM 107.5 Opens Online Voting for 2nd Wish 107.5 Music Awards
- UNTV Radio La Verdad 1350 kHz Begins Test Broadcast Using New 50kW Transmitter
- UNTV to Launch New Children’s Channel ‘KNC’ via Digital TV
- ASOP TV: Bringing the Best of Praise Music for 5 Years Now
- Ang Dating Daan (The Old Path) marks 36th year in religious broadcasting
- Watch: 12 grand finalists of ‘A Song of Praise (ASOP) Year 5’
- MCGI celebrates ‘Thanksgiving of God’s People’ for Q3 2016
- MCGI’s TV Verdade expands reach to more than 10 cities in Brazil
- A milestone in religious broadcasting: Ang Dating Daan aired through Facebook Live
In case you missed:
- UNTV News and Rescue announces digital terrestrial TV expansion plans
- Globe Launches Pocket WiFi Trade-in Promo, Get New LTE Device for Only Php 600
- ABS-CBN TVPlus may soon offer digital TV box with WiFi
- LRT-MRT common station to be built between SM North, Trinoma
- Globe’s free GoWiFi service now in 500 locations
- UNTV starts reporting news in local dialects, foreign languages
- Re-branding: UNTV Life is now UNTV News and Rescue
- Wish 107.5 now on its 2nd year, still No. 1 FM YouTube channel in the Philippines
- Progressive Broadcasting Corporation (UNTV) franchise renewed for another 25 years
- Now brewing: Daniel’s Coffee brings a coffee shop in a TV studio