Manila, Philippines (January 18, 2017) – The construction of the Php 2.8 Billion common station for the Metro Rail Transit (MRT) and Light Rail Transit (LRT) will start December this year, after the government and the private builders signed a Memorandum of Agreement on Wednesday, January 18. The common station’s target completion date is April 2019.
The MRT-LRT common station that will be financed by the Department of Transportation (DOTr) is a 13,700-square-meter project to be built between Henry Sy’s SM North EDSA and Ayala’s TriNoma malls located along North Avenue and EDSA in Quezon City.
The project will connect the LRT1, MRT3 and MRT7, which is currently under construction and expected to be completed in 2020.
DOTr showed the proposed design of the common station which aims to provide seamless transfer from one line to another, convenient walk for platform transfers, bigger space and connection to two major malls.
The common station will have 3 main areas:
- Area A – where the platform and concourse for LRT1 and MRT3 are located
- Area B: where the concourses connecting Areas A and C are located
- Area C: where the platform for MRT7 is located
Agencies which signed with the DOTr were SM Prime Holdings, Inc. (SMPHI), Universal LRT Corporation Limited of the San Miguel Corporation (SMC), Light Rail Manila Corporation (LRMC), Ayala Land, Inc.’s North Triangle Depot Commercial Corporation, Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) and Light Rail Transit Authority (LRTA).
LRMC is owned by Light Rail Manila Holdings, Inc. (LRMH), Metro Pacific Light Rail Corporation (MPLRC), and Macquarie Infrastructure Holdings (Philippines) Pte. Limited. LRMH is jointly owned by MPLRC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Panglinan-led Metro Pacific Investments Corporation, and AC Infrastructure Holdings Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ayala Corporation.
- MCGI Collaborates With PNP: Drug Surrenderers Undergo Reformation Program in Caba, La Union
- PTV4 Taps NEC for Digital TV Shift
- Morissette Amon Sweeps Most Titles at 2nd Wish 107.5 Music Awards
- Full List: Winners of 2nd Wish 107.5 Music Awards (WMA)
- Ang Dating Daan Marks 36th Year in Broadcast with a ‘Worldwide Bible Exposition’ at the Mall of Asia Arena
- Wish FM 107.5 Opens Online Voting for 2nd Wish 107.5 Music Awards
- UNTV Radio La Verdad 1350 kHz Begins Test Broadcast Using New 50kW Transmitter
- UNTV to Launch New Children’s Channel ‘KNC’ via Digital TV
- ASOP TV: Bringing the Best of Praise Music for 5 Years Now
- Ang Dating Daan (The Old Path) marks 36th year in religious broadcasting
- Watch: 12 grand finalists of ‘A Song of Praise (ASOP) Year 5’
- MCGI celebrates ‘Thanksgiving of God’s People’ for Q3 2016
- MCGI’s TV Verdade expands reach to more than 10 cities in Brazil
- A milestone in religious broadcasting: Ang Dating Daan aired through Facebook Live
In case you missed:
- UNTV News and Rescue announces digital terrestrial TV expansion plans
- Globe Launches Pocket WiFi Trade-in Promo, Get New LTE Device for Only Php 600
- ABS-CBN TVPlus may soon offer digital TV box with WiFi
- LRT-MRT common station to be built between SM North, Trinoma
- Globe’s free GoWiFi service now in 500 locations
- UNTV starts reporting news in local dialects, foreign languages
- Re-branding: UNTV Life is now UNTV News and Rescue
- Wish 107.5 now on its 2nd year, still No. 1 FM YouTube channel in the Philippines
- Progressive Broadcasting Corporation (UNTV) franchise renewed for another 25 years
- Now brewing: Daniel’s Coffee brings a coffee shop in a TV studio