Manila, Philippines (January 31, 2017) – Philippine direct-to-home (DTH) satellite TV provider Global Satellite (GSat) introduced a new channel line-up across all packages effective January 2017 for a better viewing experience of its subscribers. One of the latest addition is public channel UNTV News and Rescue which can now be seen on Channel 138 starting at Plan 200.
However, UNTV was not included in GSat’s lowest plan 99 under the “GPinoy” brand.
GSat had a major program re-channeling activity last January 8. Additional channels were added. Aside from UNTV, other new channels include AksyonTV, RHTV, CCTV 9, Knowledge Channel, Telenovela, AFN Prime, NHK World, Euronews, DW and Arirang starting at Plan 200.
Below are the new channel assignments:
UNTV is a public service channel owned by the Progressive Broadcasting Corporation airing news and public affairs programs. It is operated by Breakthrough and Milestones Productions International (BMPI) led by its chairman and CEO, veteran broadcaster Kuya Daniel S. Razon.
UNTV is known for airing Ang Dating Daan (The Old Path), the longest-running religious program in the Philippines which started in 1980. The program is produced by Members Church of God International (MCGI) and hosted by international televangelist and MCGI Overall Servant Bro. Eliseo F. Soriano.
GSat is owned by Global Broadcasting and Multimedia Inc. and First United Broadcasting Corp (FUBC) owned by Philip J. Chien and an affiliate of Global News Network (GNN).
GSat launched its DTH service in early 2009 on the NSS-11 Ku-band satellite, providing subscribers with access to a mix of local and international channels.
In August 2016, GSat transferred to the new SES-9 satellite for better reception and additional capacity. GSAT offers high definition (HD) and standard definition (SD) channels, depending on subscription plan. It has more than 250,000 subscribers across the Philippine archipelago. [techthetruth]
(Photos courtesy of GSat Facebook page)
- MCGI Collaborates With PNP: Drug Surrenderers Undergo Reformation Program in Caba, La Union
- LOOK: DOTr Bares Proposed Design of Php 2.8 Billion MRT-LRT Common Station
- Morissette Amon Sweeps Most Titles at 2nd Wish 107.5 Music Awards
- Full List: Winners of 2nd Wish 107.5 Music Awards (WMA)
- ASOP TV: Bringing the Best of Praise Music for 5 Years Now
- Ang Dating Daan (The Old Path) marks 36th year in religious broadcasting
- Watch: 12 grand finalists of ‘A Song of Praise (ASOP) Year 5’
- MCGI celebrates ‘Thanksgiving of God’s People’ for Q3 2016
- MCGI’s TV Verdade expands reach to 10 cities in Brazil
- A milestone in religious broadcasting: Ang Dating Daan aired through Facebook Live
In case you missed:
- UNTV News and Rescue announces digital terrestrial TV expansion plans
- Globe Launches Pocket WiFi Trade-in Promo, Get New LTE Device for Only Php 600
- ABS-CBN TVPlus may soon offer digital TV box with WiFi
- LRT-MRT common station to be built between SM North, Trinoma
- Globe’s free GoWiFi service now in 500 locations
- UNTV starts reporting news in local dialects, foreign languages
- Re-branding: UNTV Life is now UNTV News and Rescue
- Wish 107.5 now on its 2nd year, still No. 1 FM YouTube channel in the Philippines
- Progressive Broadcasting Corporation (UNTV) franchise renewed for another 25 years
- Now brewing: Daniel’s Coffee brings a coffee shop in a TV studio