Manila, Philippines (March 8, 2017) – ZOE Broadcasting Network’s Light Network Channel 33 began its official broadcast on digital television last March 1, after switching-off its analog transmission last February 28.
Viewers in Mega Manila can now experience clearer and highly-improved video and sound quality of Light Network in their digital-ready television sets, handheld devices such as tablets, mobile phones and other gadgets.
ZOE is owned by Jesus is Lord (JIL) Church leader Bro. Eddie Villanueva.
Light Network opted to switch from analog to digital without any test broadcast or simulcast, using the same frequency of UHF Channel 33.
“Tayo ang unang nag-convert from analog to digital transmitter. Wala nang test broadcast, official broadcast na agad,” said Engr. Antonio Soriano, the Vice President of Technical Operations for Light Network in a press statement.
Digital Terrestrial Television Broadcasting (DTTB) aims to deliver better image and sound quality. The Philippines adopted the Japanese DTTB standard called ISDB-T, or the Integrated Services Digital Broadcasting-Terrestrial.
ISDB-T supports features such as datacasting, multi-channel capability, OneSeg (1-Seg) for mobile devices and the Emergency Warning Broadcast System (EWBS), which is can be used to transmit important announcements in times of calamities and disasters like earthquakes and typhoons.
In the recent Digital TV Summit held last February 14-15 at Novotel in Quezon City, Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) Secretary Rodolfo Salalima along with broadcast partners held the ceremonial digital switch-on.
Other networks like ABS-CBN, GMA Network, TV5 and UNTV are currently doing a simulcast, both in analog in digital.
The government plans a full analog switch-off by 2023, when at least 95% of households currently around 14 million, already migrated to digital TV. [techthetruth]
- Zambia: 8 Killed, 28 Injured in a Stampede During Iglesia Ni Cristo Event
- MCGI Collaborates With PNP: Drug Surrenderers Undergo Reformation Program in Caba, La Union
- Php 1,000 SSS Pension Hike to be Released Starting March 3, Schedule for Lump Sum Pensioners ‘Until Further Notice’
- Watch: Philippines to Switch Off Analog TV by 2023
- Starmobile Group to Launch Own Digital TV Box ‘Starcube TV’ for Php 1,290
- PTV4 To Start Digital TV Rollout in 6 Areas by July 2017, Taps NEC for New Transmitters
- Smart Deploys Cell Broadcast Technology for Disaster Alerts, Complies with RA 10639
- Global Satellite (GSat) Updates Channel Line-up, Adds UNTV
- Globe Telecom Overtakes Rival Smart Communications in Subscriber Base by a Slim Margin
- Wish FM 107.5 Opens Online Voting for 2nd Wish 107.5 Music Awards
- UNTV Radio La Verdad 1350 kHz Begins Test Broadcast Using New 50kW Transmitter
- UNTV to Launch New Children’s Channel ‘KNC’ via Digital TV
- ASOP TV: Bringing the Best of Praise Music for 5 Years Now
- Ang Dating Daan (The Old Path) marks 36th year in religious broadcasting
- Watch: 12 grand finalists of ‘A Song of Praise (ASOP) Year 5’
- MCGI celebrates ‘Thanksgiving of God’s People’ for Q3 2016
- MCGI’s TV Verdade expands reach to more than 10 cities in Brazil
- A milestone in religious broadcasting: Ang Dating Daan aired through Facebook Live
In case you missed:
- UNTV News and Rescue announces digital terrestrial TV expansion plans
- Globe Launches Pocket WiFi Trade-in Promo, Get New LTE Device for Only Php 600
- ABS-CBN TVPlus may soon offer digital TV box with WiFi
- LRT-MRT common station to be built between SM North, Trinoma
- Globe’s free GoWiFi service now in 500 locations
- UNTV starts reporting news in local dialects, foreign languages
- Re-branding: UNTV Life is now UNTV News and Rescue
- Wish 107.5 now on its 2nd year, still No. 1 FM YouTube channel in the Philippines
- Progressive Broadcasting Corporation (UNTV) franchise renewed for another 25 years
- Now brewing: Daniel’s Coffee brings a coffee shop in a TV studio