Manila, Philippines (March 9, 2017) – UNTV News and Rescue announces future plans of the network during its annual kick-off rally held March 4 at The Elements at Eton Centris in Quezon City. In an exclusive event dubbed “Accelerate,” the Kasangbahay network said it is all set to expand and broaden its public services and beef up programming for better viewing experience of its growing audience.
UNTV will be expanding its news and rescue operations and will soon launch a new 24/7 channel dedicated to news and rescue. It will also establish news and rescue training centers for people who wanted to undergo rescue trainings for free and will be open to the public.
“Yung ating UNTV News and Rescue, una magkakaroon na tayo ng sarili nating channel which is 24/7 dedicated sa news and rescue. So that’s one,” said UNTV-BMPI President and CEO Kuya Daniel Razon.
[“For our UNTV News and Rescue, firstly, we will be having our own channel which is 24/7, dedicated for news and rescue. That’s one.”]
Watch the Hataw Balita report regarding “Accelerate,” the UNTV Kickoff Rally 2017
“Yung ating malaking command center para sa ating news and rescue na ita-tie-up natin sa lahat ng mga rescue teams o rescue groups sa buong Pilipinas and even abroad at yung ating pagkakaroon ng news and rescue training centers,” Razon added.
[“Our huge command center for news and rescue, we will have tie-ups with all rescue teams or rescue groups in the Philippines and even abroad, and the establishment of our news and rescue training centers.”]
Breakthrough and Milestones Productions International (BMPI), Inc. is UNTV’s operator and content provider. UNTV is owned by the Progressive Broadcasting Corporation (PBC) which recently granted by the government with a renewed franchise for another 25 years.
In 2010, UNTV pioneered “Tulong Muna Bago Balita” (Rescue First Before Reporting) where UNTV correspondents are not pressured to break or report news exclusives but to prioritize saving lives as part of their profession. In 2015, the station launched a new hotline for emergency situations, 911-UNTV (911-8688) and later news anchors and program hosts of the network were also trained to become rescuers.
Gradual Modernization, Continuous Improvements
UNTV has been on air for 13 years now, after its rock music format was replaced in 2004. It humbly started as a small TV station but through the years, a lot of improvements have been seen such as additional manpower, broadened broadcast platforms, and the use of advanced broadcast equipment.
Kuya Daniel said that improvements underway are all geared to better serve the Lord and to be of service to the nation and the people.
“If we want to improve ourselves, if we want to improve our facilities, lahat ng pagbabagong ginagawa natin for our improvement ay para mas makapagsilbi tayo, una sa lahat, sa Panginoon ng mas mabuti at sa ating mga kapwa tao,” said the veteran broadcaster.
So ang magbebenefit ng lahat ng pagbabagong ginagawa natin sa UNTV, sa ating kumpanya, ay para pa rin sa kapakinabangan ng ating mga kapwa-tao,” he added.
[“If we want to improve ourselves, if we want to improve our facilities, all the changes we are doing for our improvement, are all to serve, firstly, for better service to the Lord, and to our fellowmen. Everything we do in UNTV, our company, are for the welfare of our fellowmen.”]
UNTV recently completed the increase in transmitting power of UNTV Radyo La Verdad from 10,000 watts to 50,000 watts, for better sound quality and signal reception.
The construction of UNTV’s modern broadcast center in North EDSA is also in full swing.
As early as 2013, Razon already announced the network’s ongoing transition from analog to digital broadcast. The activity includes upgrading of technical equipment and studio facilities.
UNTV had already replaced its old transmitter and tower and began its ISDB-T test broadcast in Mega Manila on UHF 38 (617143 frequency). The public service channel is also expected to launch its DTV service in other provinces through relay stations anytime soon. The Integrated Services Digital Broadcasting-Terrestrial (ISDB-T) is the Japanese standard for DTV adopted by the Philippines.
It also launched its upcoming educational channel for kids, the Kids Nation Channel (KNC). KNC will occupy ‘UNTV-2’ slot in digital TV by 2017.
Ang Dating Daan’s main host, international televangelist Bro. Eli Soriano also highlighted the essence of UNTV’s corporate existence. “Wala namang tayong kumpanya na makikita sa buong mundo that we are sacrificing our own money and resources for the sake of other people,” said Bro. Eli.
[“We will never see a company in the entire world where we are sacrificing our own money and resources for the sake of other people.”]
Bro. Eli who is also the Overall Servant to Members Church of God International (MCGI) encouraged the people behind the broadcast network to uphold their duties and to do good coupled with hope and love.
“Let us do our duties in love and in the hope that whatever good thing that we are going to do is the very same thing that we will receive from the Lord,” he added.
Bro. Eli likewise read a Bible passage written in the book of Ephesians 6:8 which says “Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free.”
Bro. Eli further acknowledged UNTV’s participation in the propagation of the word of God. “Ito ang kaisa-isang network na nage-exist sa ating panahon na dedicated for the propagation of the gospel of God.”
[“This is the only network that exists dedicated for the propagation of the gospel of God.”]
MCGI recently launched its high definition (HD) broadcast in South America via its own channel in the west, TV Verdade (Truth TV), airing O Caminho Antigo, intended for Portuguese-speaking countries.
BMPI Excellerate Awards, Commitment from Management and Employees
During the event, the station also recognized its employees who showed exemplary performance worth emulating through the BMPI Excellerate Service Awards 2017.
A ceremonial candle lighting ceremony was also held to signify the unity of the management and the employees in upholding their commitments to accelerate and be part of the station’s advocacy.
“Ang lahat ng programa ng UNTV ay para sa ikasusulong at pagtulong sa ating mga kapwa kaya hintayin po ninyo ang mga susunod na magaganap na pagbabagong napakalaki dito sa UNTV,” said Bong Etorma, UNTV-BMPI Vice President for Radio.
[“All UNTV programs are for the progress and to help our fellowmen. So watch out for the upcoming big changes in UNTV.”]
“Sabi nga ni Kuya [Daniel Razon], hahakbang siya at hahakbang siya ng mabilis, so dapat makasunod tayo ng mabilis para hindi tayo maiwan,” said Joseph Miranda, UNTV-BMPI Vice President for Engineering.
[“Kuya said he will take a step, and he will take a step fast. So we must follow him for us not to be left behind.”]
The event was attended by hundreds of UNTV-BMPI employees, anchors, hosts and consultants. [techthetruth]
- MCGI Collaborates With PNP: Drug Surrenderers Undergo Reformation Program in Caba, La Union
- Php 1,000 SSS Pension Hike to be Released Starting March 3, Schedule for Lump Sum Pensioners ‘Until Further Notice’
- Watch: Philippines to Switch Off Analog TV by 2023
- Starmobile Group to Launch Own Digital TV Box ‘Starcube TV’ for Php 1,290
- PTV4 To Start Digital TV Rollout in 6 Areas by July 2017, Taps NEC for New Transmitters
- Smart Deploys Cell Broadcast Technology for Disaster Alerts, Complies with RA 10639
- Global Satellite (GSat) Updates Channel Line-up, Adds UNTV
- Globe Telecom Overtakes Rival Smart Communications in Subscriber Base by a Slim Margin
- Wish FM 107.5 Opens Online Voting for 2nd Wish 107.5 Music Awards
- UNTV Radio La Verdad 1350 kHz Begins Test Broadcast Using New 50kW Transmitter
- UNTV to Launch New Children’s Channel ‘KNC’ via Digital TV
- ASOP TV: Bringing the Best of Praise Music for 5 Years Now
- Ang Dating Daan (The Old Path) marks 36th year in religious broadcasting
- Watch: 12 grand finalists of ‘A Song of Praise (ASOP) Year 5’
- MCGI celebrates ‘Thanksgiving of God’s People’ for Q3 2016
- MCGI’s TV Verdade expands reach to more than 10 cities in Brazil
- A milestone in religious broadcasting: Ang Dating Daan aired through Facebook Live
In case you missed:
- UNTV News and Rescue announces digital terrestrial TV expansion plans
- Globe Launches Pocket WiFi Trade-in Promo, Get New LTE Device for Only Php 600
- ABS-CBN TVPlus may soon offer digital TV box with WiFi
- LRT-MRT common station to be built between SM North, Trinoma
- Globe’s free GoWiFi service now in 500 locations
- UNTV starts reporting news in local dialects, foreign languages
- Re-branding: UNTV Life is now UNTV News and Rescue
- Wish 107.5 now on its 2nd year, still No. 1 FM YouTube channel in the Philippines
- Progressive Broadcasting Corporation (UNTV) franchise renewed for another 25 years
- Now brewing: Daniel’s Coffee brings a coffee shop in a TV studio