Manila, Philippines (May 9, 2017) – In a short span of five days since its premiere on May 3, Regine Velasquez-Alcasid’s Wishclusive cover of her own hit “Araw-Gabi” has already raked in over one million YouTube views.
This has made the video of the Asia’s Songbird the fastest to reach such achievement among all the uploads on the newest Wish 107.5 YouTube Channel.
The song “Araw-Gabi” is an Original Pilipino Music (OPM) composition by Maestro Ryan Cayabyab.
Regine delivered the performance during her Roadshow guesting last May 1. Regine sang onboard the Wish 107.5 Bus parked at Eastwood Central Plaza.
The Asia’s Songbird kicked off this month’s Wish 107.5 Roadshow tours in partnership with PLDT Home and PLDT Fibr Experience. She is promoting her provincial tour called Fibr Experience Live along with PLDT.
“Maganda yung line up ko ngayon, maraming bagong songs. I’ll be singing some old songs but this is a totally different show now. I’ve been doing this with PLDT for three years [already],” she shared during a live radio interview with DJ Robin Nievera.
“I’m thankful to PLDT for giving me the opportunity to do shows, to connect with my fans, to entertain them…I love it, I love going to malls in different places and singing for everyone,” she added.
Regine commenced the tour last Sunday at the People’s Park in Binan, Laguna. On the 14th, she will be performing in General Santos City on the 14th and in Antipolo City, Rizal on June 18.
Trending on First Week
As of writing, Regine’s performance remains on YouTube Philippines’ trends list for five consecutive days already and now on 13th spot.
It is also a top trending topic on Twitter Philippines.
Wish FM Concept
Regine lauded the station’s efforts to promote music through the country’s one and only FM radio booth on wheels.
“I just want to congratulate you guys. This show, this program is so popular. Everyone is tweeting about it,” said Regine.
Actually, they’ve been requesting, wishing for me to do this, and finally I’m here. Congratulations for such a wonderful show and for letting us OPM singers promote ourselves here. It’s wonderful. Bihira yung ganito, so thank you very much, Wish.” she added.[techthetruth]
- NTC Releases Draft Amendments to Memo Circular on Sale, Labeling of ISDB-T Receivers
- Netizens Lament Over Missing Wish FM 107.5 YouTube Channel
- SSS Pensioners Under Special Cases to Receive Benefit Increase on May 12 and 26
- Wish FM 107.5 Launches New YouTube Channel
- UNTV to Expand News and Rescue Operations, Set to Launch New 24/7 News and Rescue Channel
- Watch: Philippines to Switch Off Analog TV by 2023
- Starmobile Group to Launch Own Digital TV Box ‘Starcube TV’ for Php 1,290
- PTV4 To Start Digital TV Rollout in 6 Areas by July 2017, Taps NEC for New Transmitters
- Globe Telecom Overtakes Rival Smart Communications in Subscriber Base by a Slim Margin
In case you missed:
- UNTV News and Rescue announces digital terrestrial TV expansion plans
- Re-branding: UNTV Life is now UNTV News and Rescue
- Progressive Broadcasting Corporation (UNTV) franchise renewed for another 25 years