Manila, Philippines (May 12, 2017) – Members Church of God International (MCGI) officially begins the enhancement of its digital terrestrial television (DTT) service in Mega Manila via the Truth Channel, to intensify evangelization through alternative programming.
On May 12, MCGI’s sub-channel on digital television – the Ang Dating Daan Television (ADDTV), launched a new station identification (ID) for the Truth Channel.
MCGI is an international Christian religious organization and the group behind the program Ang Dating Daan (The Old Path), the country’s longest running religious program which started on radio in 1980 and television in 1983.
Watch the Truth Channel’s station ID below:
Ang Dating Daan is hosted by international televangelist and MCGI Overall Servant (Presiding Minister) Bro. Eli Soriano and veteran broadcaster and MCGI Assistant Overall Servant Bro. Daniel Razon.
The Truth Channel was also announced during the three-day International Thanksgiving of God’s People (Pasalamat ng Buong Bayan ng Dios) held last April 7-9, 2017 in Brazil as the host country.
The Truth Channel airs ADD’s question and answer segment Itanong Mo Kay Soriano, Biblia ang Sasagot (Ask Soriano, The Bible will Answer). It is expected to house programs about spirituality, faith, religion, and other aspects of life.
Soon, it will also showcase wholesome, educational, and entertaining shows. It also serves additional avenue for MCGI to share its faith, the Bible and the good news of God’s kingdom.
As early as 2013, UNTV already announced the network’s ongoing transition from analog to digital broadcast. The activity includes upgrading of technical equipment and studio facilities. UNTV became ADD’s permanent home since 2004.
ADDTV is on test broadcast since 2014 along with its affiliate UNTV News and Rescue on UHF channel 38 (617143 frequency).
UNTV is also planning to launch its DTV service in other provinces through relay stations. It will also be launching other channels in DTV such as 24/7 news and rescue channel and the Kids Nation Channel (KNC), an educational channel for kids anytime soon.
The Integrated Services Digital Broadcasting-Terrestrial (ISDB-T) is the Japanese standard for DTV adopted by the Philippines.
DTV platform provides better viewing experience to the audience as it supports multi-channel feature, clear video and high quality audio.
MCGI recently launched its high definition (HD) broadcast in South America via its own channel in the west, TV Verdade (Truth TV), airing O Caminho Antigo, intended for Portuguese-speaking countries. Meanwhile, TV La Verdad (Truth TV) caters to Spanish-speaking countries.
MCGI programs is being carried by at least seven satellites for its global gospel propagation efforts. [techthetruth]
- Watch: Philippines to Switch Off Analog TV by 2023
- PTV4 To Start Digital TV Rollout in 6 Areas by July 2017, Taps NEC for New Transmitters
- Global Satellite (GSat) Updates Channel Line-up, Adds UNTV
- Globe Telecom Overtakes Rival Smart Communications in Subscriber Base by a Slim Margin
- UNTV Radio La Verdad 1350 kHz Begins Test Broadcast Using New 50kW Transmitter
- UNTV to Launch New Children’s Channel ‘KNC’ via Digital TV
- Ang Dating Daan (The Old Path) marks 36th year in religious broadcasting
- MCGI’s TV Verdade expands reach to more than 10 cities in Brazil
In case you missed:
- UNTV News and Rescue announces digital terrestrial TV expansion plans
- Globe Launches Pocket WiFi Trade-in Promo, Get New LTE Device for Only Php 600
- ABS-CBN TVPlus may soon offer digital TV box with WiFi
- UNTV starts reporting news in local dialects, foreign languages
- Now brewing: Daniel’s Coffee brings a coffee shop in a TV studio