Manila, Philippines (May 13, 2017) – In a short span of six days since its premiere on May 7, Thrisha Louise Cañete or popularly known as Chacha Cañete’s Wishclusive cover of Rachel Platten’s “Fight Song” has already raked in over one million YouTube views. Watch her performance below:
The video of the former child star, known as “Bulilit” in Camella Homes’ 2009 commercial is one of the fastest to reach such achievement among all the uploads on the newest Wish 107.5 YouTube Channel.
Bulilit Child Star, World-class Talent
She was four years old when she was discovered by award-winning director Erik Matti in a coffee shop inside ABS-CBN.
Chacha Cañete became very popular when she starred in several advertisements of Vista Land’s Camella Homes with the theme song “Bulilit, Bulilit, Sanay sa Masikip.”
Vista Land is one of the country’s largest real estate developer led by former Sen. Manuel Villar.
She also starred in Plemex Lagundi cough syrup commercial.
Later, the cute and talented child star became part of ABS-CBN’s top-rating comedy show “Goin Bulilit” until 2014. After her TV stint, she concentrated on her studies.
At her young age, Chacha already brought recognition for the Philippines. In 2013, she bagged two silver medals at the 7th World Championships of Performing Arts (WCOPA) held in Hollywood, California.
The “bulilit” is now a 12-year-old girl and once again captured the hearts of netizens when she rendered a cover of Rachel Platten’s “Fight Song” on the Wish 107.5 Bus, the country’s first and only FM radio booth on wheels.
Currently, the former child star is doing a hosting job at ABS-CBN Sports and Action Channel 23. [techthetruth]
- NTC Releases Draft Amendments to Memo Circular on Sale, Labeling of ISDB-T Receivers
- Netizens Lament Over Missing Wish FM 107.5 YouTube Channel
- SSS Pensioners Under Special Cases to Receive Benefit Increase on May 12 and 26
- Wish FM 107.5 Launches New YouTube Channel
- UNTV to Expand News and Rescue Operations, Set to Launch New 24/7 News and Rescue Channel
- Watch: Philippines to Switch Off Analog TV by 2023
- Starmobile Group to Launch Own Digital TV Box ‘Starcube TV’ for Php 1,290
- PTV4 To Start Digital TV Rollout in 6 Areas by July 2017, Taps NEC for New Transmitters
- Globe Telecom Overtakes Rival Smart Communications in Subscriber Base by a Slim Margin
In case you missed:
- UNTV News and Rescue announces digital terrestrial TV expansion plans
- Re-branding: UNTV Life is now UNTV News and Rescue
- Progressive Broadcasting Corporation (UNTV) franchise renewed for another 25 years