Manila, Philippines (August 30, 2017) – All is set for the third year anniversary celebration of Wish 1075 happening today, August 31 at the Eastwood Central Plaza in Quezon City.
As a token of appreciation and gratitude to its avid listeners, all-hits FM station Wish 1075 will stage a day-long celebration consisting of a free concert featuring the best Original Pilipino Music (OPM) artists, Wish-granting activities and the unveiling of “Wishful 20” – the top 20 contenders of its singing competition dubbed as “WISHcovery.”
Wish 1075 is inviting everyone to witness a 12-hour “THREEmendous Thanks Party” on August 31st, starting at 9 in the morning. A total of 18 artists across different music genres will perform their music on board the Wish 107.5 Bus.
KZ Tandingan, Bugoy Drilon, Jake Zyrus, Michael Pangilinan and Sponge Cola will be performing during the live concert.
Gracenote, Mela Ravanilla, Sabrina, Janelle Jamer, Milla Poblete, TJ Monterde and Barbie Almalbis will also showcase their music.
Also invited are The Youth Pilipinas, Dello, Curse One, Flict-G and Partners in Rhymes – completing the roster of top performing artists.
The event’s audio will be simulcast over Wish 107.5 MHz on the FM band in Mega Manila and through the station’s official website.
A live video stream will also be available through Wish 107.5’s Facebook page.
WISHcovery Top 20
During the anniversary party, Wish 1075 will also unveil “Wishful 20” – the top 20 finalists of WISHcovery singing talent search following the series of nationwide auditions and online submissions.
WISHcovery is the newest online singing competition in the Philippines and the latest innovation of the FM station. It is looking for amateur talents who have phenomenal music spirit and star-like charisma.
The competition which aims to discover the next biggest singing sensation will air this September 2017 via Wish 1075 YouTube channel.
Hitmaker Jungee Marcelo, The Company’s Annie Quintos and the country’s RnB King Jay R will be the “resident reactors,” and RnB Prince Kris Lawrence will be the host.
The prizes at stake include Php 2 million worth of cash and contract, a house and lot, and a brand-new car.
Since the station’s launch in 2014, Wish 1075 is committed in granting “wishes” of its listeners.
For its third anniversary, it has chosen two individuals whose heartfelt wishes will be granted.
First is Caloocan City’s Maria France Barcelo, 27, who wants to give a relaxing day-off for her dedicated mother.
Another is Shiela Ann Ludera of Bulacan, who wishes to give her family a wonderful treat while her father, an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW), is still in the country.
Innovation in Broadcasting
Wish 107.5 was first introduced in the radio airwaves on August 10, 2014. Its launching concert was marked by the unveiling of the country’s one and only FM-on-wheels, the Wish 107.5 Bus.
Wish FM YouTube page was launched in July 2014. To date, it has more than 400 videos of various international and local artists in the music industry, recorded in high definition (HD), 1080p quality.
Wish 1075 YouTube channel already gained more than 1.4 million subscribers and accumulated 500 million views.
The channel gathered not only subscribers from the Philippines, but also from the United States, Canada, New Zealand and Brazil.
Wish 1075 started unique concepts like the Wish 1075 Bus, Wishclusive performances, Wish 107.5 Music Awards and wish-granting advocacy for Filipinos in need. [techthetruth]
- NTC Releases Draft Amendments to Memo Circular on Sale, Labeling of ISDB-T Receivers
- Senate Renews Franchises of Smart Communications, GMA Network
- UNTV to Expand News and Rescue Operations, Set to Launch New 24/7 News and Rescue Channel
- ZOE’s Light Network Begins Digital TV Broadcast, Ends Analog Transmission
- MCGI Collaborates With PNP: Drug Surrenderers Undergo Reformation Program in Caba, La Union
- Php 1,000 SSS Pension Hike to be Released Starting March 3, Schedule for Lump Sum Pensioners ‘Until Further Notice’
- Watch: Philippines to Switch Off Analog TV by 2023
- Starmobile Group to Launch Own Digital TV Box ‘Starcube TV’ for Php 1,290
- PTV4 To Start Digital TV Rollout in 6 Areas by July 2017, Taps NEC for New Transmitters
- Smart Deploys Cell Broadcast Technology for Disaster Alerts, Complies with RA 10639
- Global Satellite (GSat) Updates Channel Line-up, Adds UNTV
- Globe Telecom Overtakes Rival Smart Communications in Subscriber Base by a Slim Margin
- Wish FM 107.5 Opens Online Voting for 2nd Wish 107.5 Music Awards
- UNTV Radio La Verdad 1350 kHz Begins Test Broadcast Using New 50kW Transmitter
- UNTV to Launch New Children’s Channel ‘KNC’ via Digital TV
- ASOP TV: Bringing the Best of Praise Music for 5 Years Now
- Ang Dating Daan (The Old Path) marks 36th year in religious broadcasting
- Watch: 12 grand finalists of ‘A Song of Praise (ASOP) Year 5’
- MCGI celebrates ‘Thanksgiving of God’s People’ for Q3 2016
- MCGI’s TV Verdade expands reach to more than 10 cities in Brazil
- A milestone in religious broadcasting: Ang Dating Daan aired through Facebook Live
In case you missed:
- UNTV News and Rescue announces digital terrestrial TV expansion plans
- Globe Launches Pocket WiFi Trade-in Promo, Get New LTE Device for Only Php 600
- ABS-CBN TVPlus may soon offer digital TV box with WiFi
- LRT-MRT common station to be built between SM North, Trinoma
- Globe’s free GoWiFi service now in 500 locations
- UNTV starts reporting news in local dialects, foreign languages
- Re-branding: UNTV Life is now UNTV News and Rescue
- Wish 107.5 now on its 2nd year, still No. 1 FM YouTube channel in the Philippines
- Progressive Broadcasting Corporation (UNTV) franchise renewed for another 25 years
- Now brewing: Daniel’s Coffee brings a coffee shop in a TV studio