Manila, Philippines (September 7, 2017) – Wishcovery, the newest online singing competition that aims to discover the next biggest singing sensation, is about to start 9 pm on Saturday, September 9 on Wish 107.5’s first YouTube channel.
For the past three months, Wish 107.5 successfully commenced the on-ground auditions for Wishcovery.
The radio station is looking for amateur talents, 18 years old and above, who have phenomenal music spirit, star-like charisma and not under any record label or management.
Watch the Wishcovery’s official teaser below:
Thousands of singing aspirants rushed to the different venues across the country and took their chances to be Wishcovered.
On top of it were thousands of online audition entries received by the radio station.
The top 20 aspirants dubbed as the “Wishful 20” were revealed during the THREEmendous Thanks Party held last August 31 at the Eastwood Central Plaza in Quezon City, a 12-hour free concert in celebration of Wish 107.5’s 3rd anniversary.
The Wishful 20 were carefully selected and will level up to the live online competition.
Prizes at stake include Php 2 million worth of cash and contract, a house and lot, and a brand-new car.
The Wishcovery Reactors, Program Host
The program will be hosted by the Philippines’ R&B Prince Kris Lawrence. Joining Kris are acclaimed judges or “Reactors” namely singer, songwriter and hit maker Jungee Marcelo, Teacher Annie Quintos of legendary group “The Company” and the country’s King of R&B, Jay-R.
Live Performances and Eliminations
Wishful 20 will be competing through a series of live performances inside the Wish FM Bus, sporting the same high quality audio and video output.
The resident judges together with top executives from Wish 107.5 will be collaborating for the tight selection process.
Raw videos of their performances will be given to the reactors for scrutiny, comments and constructive criticisms.
The criteria for judging also includes a weekly ‘power viewing’ on Wishful’s performances uploaded on YouTube. Results will comprise 30% of individual scores.
Every week, the weakest out of the set of performers will be eliminated until finally getting the top five contestants by first quarter of 2018.
This season of Wishcovery will be dedicated to the Original Pilipino Music (OPM). All songs to be interpreted during the competition proper are all OPM songs, as part of Wish FM’s advocacy of supporting OPM and bringing amateur Filipino talent and musicality to the world.
Wishful 20 Final List
Check out the final list of the top 20 Wishcovery aspirants:
- Audrey Ranelyn Malaiba (23, Sto. Tomas, Batangas)
- Al Fritz Blache (28, Dasmarinas, Cavite)
- Daniel Briones (23, Balagtas, Bulacan)
- Carmela Ariola (21, Batangas City)
- Charlene Hernandez (25, Muntinlupa City)
- Chris Noel Bernalde (21, Bacolod City)
- Danielle Joshue Supnet (21, San Pedro, Laguna)
- Hacel Barolome (26, Cavite City)
- Diana Tabitha Caro (19, Las Pinas City)
- Jenimay Mabini ( Calamba, Laguna)
- JM Bales (24, Iloilo City)
- John Magos Harvey (18, Binangonan Rizal)
- Kimberly Baluzo (18, Daet Camarines Norte)
- Kristine Joy Peralta (22, San Fernando La Union)
- Louie Ann Culala (19, San Ildefonso Bulacan)
- Zekiah Jane Miller (22, Cebu City)
- Louise Ann Manuel (21, Taytay Rizal)
- Lyka B. Bonol (19, San Isidro Naga City)
- Princess Sevillena (23, Makati City)
- Vien King (24, Tiaong, Quezon)
Wishcovery is another innovation of the FM station known for ground-breaking projects such as the viral Wishclusive videos uploaded on YouTube which conquered social media by storm and the Wish FM Bus, the country’s one and only FM radio on wheels.
The station also pioneered Wish 107.5 Music Awards (WMA) and wish-granting advocacy for Filipinos in need.
Wish 107.5’s first YouTube channel already gained more than 1.4 million subscribers and accumulated more than 500 million views.
The Wishclusive-rich channel gathered not only subscribers from the Philippines, but also from the United States, Canada, New Zealand and Brazil. [techthetruth]
- Wish FM 107.5 Sets Third Anniversary Concert Party at Eastwood
- MCGI’s ‘Truth Channel’ Begins Official Digital TV Broadcast
- NTC Releases Draft Amendments to Memo Circular on Sale, Labeling of ISDB-T Receivers
- Senate Renews Franchises of Smart Communications, GMA Network
- UNTV to Expand News and Rescue Operations, Set to Launch New 24/7 News and Rescue Channel
- ZOE’s Light Network Begins Digital TV Broadcast, Ends Analog Transmission
- MCGI Collaborates With PNP: Drug Surrenderers Undergo Reformation Program in Caba, La Union
- Php 1,000 SSS Pension Hike to be Released Starting March 3, Schedule for Lump Sum Pensioners ‘Until Further Notice’
- Watch: Philippines to Switch Off Analog TV by 2023
- Starmobile Group to Launch Own Digital TV Box ‘Starcube TV’ for Php 1,290
- PTV4 To Start Digital TV Rollout in 6 Areas by July 2017, Taps NEC for New Transmitters
- Smart Deploys Cell Broadcast Technology for Disaster Alerts, Complies with RA 10639
- Global Satellite (GSat) Updates Channel Line-up, Adds UNTV
- Globe Telecom Overtakes Rival Smart Communications in Subscriber Base by a Slim Margin
- Wish FM 107.5 Opens Online Voting for 2nd Wish 107.5 Music Awards
- UNTV Radio La Verdad 1350 kHz Begins Test Broadcast Using New 50kW Transmitter
- UNTV to Launch New Children’s Channel ‘KNC’ via Digital TV
- ASOP TV: Bringing the Best of Praise Music for 5 Years Now
- Ang Dating Daan (The Old Path) marks 36th year in religious broadcasting
- Watch: 12 grand finalists of ‘A Song of Praise (ASOP) Year 5’
- MCGI celebrates ‘Thanksgiving of God’s People’ for Q3 2016
- MCGI’s TV Verdade expands reach to more than 10 cities in Brazil
- A milestone in religious broadcasting: Ang Dating Daan aired through Facebook Live
In case you missed:
- UNTV News and Rescue announces digital terrestrial TV expansion plans
- Globe Launches Pocket WiFi Trade-in Promo, Get New LTE Device for Only Php 600
- ABS-CBN TVPlus may soon offer digital TV box with WiFi
- LRT-MRT common station to be built between SM North, Trinoma
- Globe’s free GoWiFi service now in 500 locations
- UNTV starts reporting news in local dialects, foreign languages
- Re-branding: UNTV Life is now UNTV News and Rescue
- Wish 107.5 now on its 2nd year, still No. 1 FM YouTube channel in the Philippines
- Progressive Broadcasting Corporation (UNTV) franchise renewed for another 25 years
- Now brewing: Daniel’s Coffee brings a coffee shop in a TV studio