Manila, Philippines (September 30, 2017) – A new reality TV show will hit the airwaves this afternoon, bringing beauty of underwater world and the rich wonders of marine creation via The Dive Philippines.
The show premieres September 30, 2017, 5:30 pm to 6:00 pm at UNTV News and Rescue.
The Dive PH will take viewers to various wonderful dive sites in the country and showcase the diversity of marine life.
At the core of the show is Argentinian Professional Scuba Diving International (PSI) dive instructor and marine biologist Luis Heredia and scuba diver and UNTV News feature correspondent Bryan Evangelista.
The show is a collaboration among Professional Scuba Diving International (PSI), DSR Creative Multimedia Film and public service channel UNTV.
They will be using sophisticated cameras and underwater drones to capture nature’s wonders.
The thirty-minute show is the country’s first and only underwater diving reality show on free-to-air television.
It will feature wonders of God’s creation underneath the sea which are not known to many.
It was conceptualized by multi-awarded broadcast journalist, public service advocate and UNTV CEO Kuya Daniel Razon.
“Kuya Daniel Razon aims to showcase the amazing dive sites in the Philippines since we are at the heart or center of the coral triangle, an area in the world where we can find many different kinds of fishes, many different kinds of corals that are unknown to us,” said host, Bryan Evangelista.
Apart from being entertaining, the program is also informative as host Luis Heredia gives scientific explanations on the sea creatures viewers will discover.
“Don’t forget that two-thirds of the world is made up of water. If you can see many wonderful things here on land, you can see more of God’s wonderful creatures underneath. Here on “The Dive”, the wisdom behind every God’s creature will also be shown,” Evangelista added.
The Dive PH aims to entertain and educate viewers about the marine life of the Philippines and primarily promotes marine life conservation and protection.
The new program will feature artificial reef planting that serves as temporary shelter for fishes, and underwater cleanup drives.
On its pilot broadcast, celebrity Joshua Dionisio will take the challenge and will have his first test dive in Morong, Bataan.
The Dive Philippines also went cave diving in Calintaan Island, in Matnog, Sorsogon and filmed an astonishing sight of a school of fishes.
They also got a close encounter with whale sharks called “Gentle Giants” which can be seen within the waters of Oslob, Cebu.
The Dive PH Theme Song
Meanwhile, OPM band Plethora was chosen to sing the diving show’s theme song.
The group’s lead vocalist LJ Herrera said they’re awed by the program’s concept.
“Kuya Daniel’s concept is great because he thought of making a program to promote especially the unexplored diving sites here in the Philippines to encourage Filipinos, especially international tourists to see them,” Herrera said.
Professional Scuba Diving International (PSI) Philippines is a non-government organization (NGO) that aims to protect and preserve the Philippines’ rich marine life.
The organization focuses on searching unexplored sites and helps in protecting them.
PSI Dive Center is located at Sitio Panibatuhan, Barangay Poblacion, Morong, Bataan.
UNTV is on analog channel 37 and digital television channel 38 (617.143 MHz) in Mega Manila.
It is also being carried by major cable and direct-to-home satellite providers nationwide. [techthetruth]
- Wish FM 107.5 Sets Third Anniversary Concert Party at Eastwood
- MCGI’s ‘Truth Channel’ Begins Official Digital TV Broadcast
- NTC Releases Draft Amendments to Memo Circular on Sale, Labeling of ISDB-T Receivers
- Senate Renews Franchises of Smart Communications, GMA Network
- UNTV to Expand News and Rescue Operations, Set to Launch New 24/7 News and Rescue Channel
- ZOE’s Light Network Begins Digital TV Broadcast, Ends Analog Transmission
- MCGI Collaborates With PNP: Drug Surrenderers Undergo Reformation Program in Caba, La Union
- Php 1,000 SSS Pension Hike to be Released Starting March 3, Schedule for Lump Sum Pensioners ‘Until Further Notice’
- Watch: Philippines to Switch Off Analog TV by 2023
- Starmobile Group to Launch Own Digital TV Box ‘Starcube TV’ for Php 1,290
- PTV4 To Start Digital TV Rollout in 6 Areas by July 2017, Taps NEC for New Transmitters
- Smart Deploys Cell Broadcast Technology for Disaster Alerts, Complies with RA 10639
- Global Satellite (GSat) Updates Channel Line-up, Adds UNTV
- Globe Telecom Overtakes Rival Smart Communications in Subscriber Base by a Slim Margin
- Wish FM 107.5 Opens Online Voting for 2nd Wish 107.5 Music Awards
- UNTV Radio La Verdad 1350 kHz Begins Test Broadcast Using New 50kW Transmitter
- UNTV to Launch New Children’s Channel ‘KNC’ via Digital TV
- ASOP TV: Bringing the Best of Praise Music for 5 Years Now
- Ang Dating Daan (The Old Path) marks 36th year in religious broadcasting
- Watch: 12 grand finalists of ‘A Song of Praise (ASOP) Year 5’
- MCGI celebrates ‘Thanksgiving of God’s People’ for Q3 2016
- MCGI’s TV Verdade expands reach to more than 10 cities in Brazil
- A milestone in religious broadcasting: Ang Dating Daan aired through Facebook Live
In case you missed:
- UNTV News and Rescue announces digital terrestrial TV expansion plans
- Globe Launches Pocket WiFi Trade-in Promo, Get New LTE Device for Only Php 600
- ABS-CBN TVPlus may soon offer digital TV box with WiFi
- LRT-MRT common station to be built between SM North, Trinoma
- Globe’s free GoWiFi service now in 500 locations
- UNTV starts reporting news in local dialects, foreign languages
- Re-branding: UNTV Life is now UNTV News and Rescue
- Wish 107.5 now on its 2nd year, still No. 1 FM YouTube channel in the Philippines
- Progressive Broadcasting Corporation (UNTV) franchise renewed for another 25 years
- Now brewing: Daniel’s Coffee brings a coffee shop in a TV studio