Manila, Philippines (October 31, 2017) – Public service channel UNTV and Members Church of God International (MCGI) will once again lead a benefit concert for government troops who fought against terrorists in Marawi on Tuesday, October 31 (6pm) at the SM Mall of Asia (MOA) Arena in Pasay City.
This one of kind concert dubbed as “Songs for Heroes 3: Bayani ng Marawi” is conceptualized by veteran broadcast journalist and UNTV-BMPI Chairman and CEO Daniel S. Razon, in cooperation with the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and the Philippine National Police (PNP).
The fund-raising event aims to unite partners in public service including those from the AFP and PNP as well as big names in the entertainment industry.
It will serve as part of humanitarian mission to support the families of troops who have died during the Marawi siege and soldiers who were wounded in performing their duties since clashes erupted five months ago.
Night of Entertainment and Charity
The concert will feature special performances from various Original Pilipino Music (OPM) artists.
Kris Lawrence, Jason Dy, Darren Espanto, Jett Pangan, Jamie Rivera, Bo Cerudo, Richard Reynoso, Mela Ravanilla, and Leah Patricio will lend their talents in this charity concert.
It will also feature performances by Ney Dimaculangan, Aia De Leon, Chacha Cañete, Plethora Band, Wish 107.5 Wishcovery’s Wishful 20 and UNTV’s Kawan ng Cordero (KNC) Kids in support of the gallant soldiers.
Fresh talents such as singers, dancers, chorales and bands from AFP and PNP will also be showcased following a screening process.
In his one-on-one interview with AFP spokesperson in UNTV’s Get It Straight with Daniel Razon, Kuya Daniel promised that all the proceeds of the concert will go to the heroes of Marawi.
The AFP is thankful for the said initiative of the UNTV network.
“First, thank you to UNTV and to all who help and continue giving support to our soldiers. We are very grateful for conducting this concert for our troops,” AFP Spokesperson BGen. Restituto Padilla said.
This is the third installment of the Songs for Heroes benefit concert.
In March 2015, a total of Php 6 million was raised during the Songs for Heroes 1, dedicated for the families of the fallen 44 PNP Special Action Force (SAF) heroes during the Mamasapano clash.
Meanwhile, Songs for Heroes 2 held in June 2015 gathered a total of Php 8 million for the gallant defenders of the PNP and AFP.
The event’s major benefactors include Members Church of God International (MCGI) and MCGI Overall Servant, international televangelist Bro. Eli Soriano.
MCGI is also known for the program Ang Dating Daan, the longest-running religious program in the Philippines which is currently being aired globally in different languages.
For more updates, visit https://www.facebook.com/SongsForHeroes/
- Wish FM 107.5 Sets Third Anniversary Concert Party at Eastwood
- MCGI’s ‘Truth Channel’ Begins Official Digital TV Broadcast
- NTC Releases Draft Amendments to Memo Circular on Sale, Labeling of ISDB-T Receivers
- Senate Renews Franchises of Smart Communications, GMA Network
- UNTV to Expand News and Rescue Operations, Set to Launch New 24/7 News and Rescue Channel
- ZOE’s Light Network Begins Digital TV Broadcast, Ends Analog Transmission
- MCGI Collaborates With PNP: Drug Surrenderers Undergo Reformation Program in Caba, La Union
- Php 1,000 SSS Pension Hike to be Released Starting March 3, Schedule for Lump Sum Pensioners ‘Until Further Notice’
- Watch: Philippines to Switch Off Analog TV by 2023
- Starmobile Group to Launch Own Digital TV Box ‘Starcube TV’ for Php 1,290
- PTV4 To Start Digital TV Rollout in 6 Areas by July 2017, Taps NEC for New Transmitters
- Smart Deploys Cell Broadcast Technology for Disaster Alerts, Complies with RA 10639
- Global Satellite (GSat) Updates Channel Line-up, Adds UNTV
- Globe Telecom Overtakes Rival Smart Communications in Subscriber Base by a Slim Margin
- Wish FM 107.5 Opens Online Voting for 2nd Wish 107.5 Music Awards
- UNTV Radio La Verdad 1350 kHz Begins Test Broadcast Using New 50kW Transmitter
- UNTV to Launch New Children’s Channel ‘KNC’ via Digital TV
- ASOP TV: Bringing the Best of Praise Music for 5 Years Now
- Ang Dating Daan (The Old Path) marks 36th year in religious broadcasting
- Watch: 12 grand finalists of ‘A Song of Praise (ASOP) Year 5’
- MCGI celebrates ‘Thanksgiving of God’s People’ for Q3 2016
- MCGI’s TV Verdade expands reach to more than 10 cities in Brazil
- A milestone in religious broadcasting: Ang Dating Daan aired through Facebook Live
In case you missed:
- UNTV News and Rescue announces digital terrestrial TV expansion plans
- Globe Launches Pocket WiFi Trade-in Promo, Get New LTE Device for Only Php 600
- ABS-CBN TVPlus may soon offer digital TV box with WiFi
- LRT-MRT common station to be built between SM North, Trinoma
- Globe’s free GoWiFi service now in 500 locations
- UNTV starts reporting news in local dialects, foreign languages
- Re-branding: UNTV Life is now UNTV News and Rescue
- Wish 107.5 now on its 2nd year, still No. 1 FM YouTube channel in the Philippines
- Progressive Broadcasting Corporation (UNTV) franchise renewed for another 25 years
- Now brewing: Daniel’s Coffee brings a coffee shop in a TV studio