Quezon City, Philippines (November 13, 2017, 12:01am) –UNTV’s A Song of Praise (ASOP) Music Festival Year 6 will showcase 12 new praise Original Pilipino Music (OPM) compositions on its Grand Finals Night happening tonight, November 13 at the Smart Araneta Coliseum.
ASOP is the only gospel music songwriting festival on Philippine television.
Songs of praises come in a mix of R&B, Jazz, Glam Rock, Pop Rock and Ballad.
These compositions reflect the songwriters’ fight with depression, hopelessness, battle with cancer, and death in the family. Another writer competing this year shared through his song how his life becomes complete after finding God.
A total of Php 1 million cash prize is at stake. Php 500,000 will be received by the composer of the winning “Song of the Year,” Php 250,000 for the 1st runner up, Php 150,000 for the 2nd runner up and Php 100,000 for the 3rd runner-up.
Winners of the “Best Song Interpreter” and “People’s Choice Award” will also receive Php50,000 each. Non-winners will receive Php 20,000 as consolation prize.
Last year, 19-year-old Noemi Ocio, who wrote “Kumapit Ka Lang,” bagged the grand prize. It was interpreted by Mela Ravanilla.
The 12 new songs of praise will be interpreted by known artists. These include ASOP Music Festival alumni – Gail Blanco, Brenan Espartinez, and RJ Buena.
Performers who will interpret for the first time for this prestigious songwriting tilt include Sam Mangubat, Liezel Garcia, Zsaris, Apple Delleva, Kris Angelica, Dan Billano, Jay-R Siaboc, JV Decena, and Jay R.
Each year, ASOP receives hundreds of entries from amateur and professional songwriters hoping for a chance in the weekly finals aired every Sunday on UNTV News and Rescue.
Weekly judges select the monthly finalists to go head-to-head on the Big Dome after a year.
Full List of Grand Finalists
Here is the full line-up of ASOP Year 6 Grand Finalists:
- “Gabundok Man” – Composer: May Alona Trogue; Interpreter: Brenan Espartinez
- “Sumasamba Sa’Yo” – Composer: Joyner Dizon; Interpreter: Dan Billano
- “Carry On” – Composers: P.A. Atienza, Nonie Ramos, Nino Cristobal; Interpreter: Sam Mangubat
- “Ikaw Ang Aking Dios” – Composer: Lorna Petrasanta; Interpreter: Liezel Garcia
- “Sapat Na Ba” – Composer: Emmanuel Lipio Jr.; Interpreter: JV Decena
- “Dahil Sa Iyo” – Composer: Carlo David; Interpreter: Jay R
- “Wala Kang Katulad” – Composer: Reymil Anania; Interpreter: RJ Buena
- “Ikaw Panginoon” – Composers: Jocelyn Canlas and Jonathan Bobis; Interpreter: Jay-R Siaboc
- “If You Believe” – Composer: Gio Levy; Interpreter: Apple Delleva
- “You’re All I Need” – Composer: Jessan May Mirador; Interpreter: Kris Angelica
- “Hallelujah To The One” – Composer: Zion Aquino; Interpreter: Gail Blanco
- “Beside Your Heart” – Composer: Shane Kim Lumanog; Interpreter: Zsaris
The online voting and power viewing to select the People’s Choice Awardee started last November 3.
Using Facebook and Twitter accounts, fans and supporters can vote for their favorite song. Only one (1) vote a day is allowed in the official website of ASOP Music Festival.
The winner of the popularity award will be selected based on total accumulated points from online voting (50%) and power viewing (50%) of the entries’ official music videos posted on ASOP TV’s YouTube channel.
Voting period will last until November 13, 2017 at 12 noon.
ASOP TV Concept
Produced by Breakthrough and Milestones Productions International (BMPI), ASOP Music Festival was launched on UNTV News and Rescue in 2011.
ASOP Music Festival is conceptualized for television by Kuya Daniel Razon, in line with his advocacy to inspire everyone to give praise and glory to God. He is the CEO and Chairman of BMPI, which is the content provider for UNTV News and Rescue.
Meanwhile, ASOP is a brainchild of Bro. Eli Soriano, also known as “Bro Eli”. He started it as a songwriting competition inside the Members Church of God International since 2004. Bro. Eli is the main host of the program “Ang Dating Daan,” the longest-running religious program in the Philippines which is currently being aired in more than 70 countries via satellite and terrestrial television.
ASOP Music Festival on television airs every Sunday, 7 pm on UNTV News and Rescue, and hosted by Richard Reynoso and Toni Rose Gayda.
The program is simulcast over UNTV Radio La Verdad 1350 KHz on the AM band.
Official music videos of ASOP Year 5 grand finalists also are available on ASOP TV’s official YouTube channel, https://www.youtube.com/user/asoptv.
- UNTV to Hold Benefit Concert for Heroes of Marawi
- Bro. Eli Soriano Hopes to Reach More Souls via ‘Truth Channel’
- Southeast Asia Suffers Slow Internet Due to Broken Undersea Cables
- Watch: Philippines to Switch Off Analog TV by 2023